View Single Post
Old December 27 2012, 08:07 AM   #2
J. Allen
I Only Want To Know

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Adobe Reader update question

indranee wrote: View Post
Hi all, can someone tell me why I can't seem to update Adobe Reader 8 to Adobe Reader 11 on my Windows XP? I was trying to open a pdf and it told me to update it so I dl-ed it, saved it and then ran it. Then, nothing. It wouldn't do anything. When I tried to check for updates again, it keeps saying none are available. It's as if it's updated but it won't let me actually USE the update.

I haven't updated AR in a while. Could that be it?

Any help would be appreciated...

Btw, my system still says I have an AR 8, not AR 11. So I guess it hasn't updated. But it won't let me "find" any more updates.
Yeah, your best option is to uninstall and reinstall the program. I get these same issues with Adobe Flash. Of course, I'm one of these people who recommends FoxIt (http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/), because it's much faster, much lighter on resources than Adobe Reader, and 100% compatible. It's also free.
"If you'd come today you would've reached a whole nation. Israel in 4 B.C. had no mass communication. " - Judas, Jesus Christ Superstar
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote