View Single Post
Old December 26 2012, 09:26 PM   #2186
Garrett
Vice Admiral

Re: What games are you playing currently?

Haven't posted here in awhile. I got swamped with work a few months back and pretty much stopped gaming until things got a lot less crazy. I've been on a gaming binge since then. I got my guardian to level 80 in GW2, and spent a lot of time in WvWvW. Our server moved up to tier 2, but I haven't been on there since then to see how it is. It's looks like it's going to be a bit more competitive than tier 3 was.

Other than that, I've been adding to my Steam collection more than I've been getting through games. I moved my PC next to my tv so I can toggle back and forth between the monitor and my tv for Big Picture mode. So far, I've worked through:

-Dishonored. Did a high chaos playthrough. This is easily one of my favorites in the last couple of years for single player games. This really hit all the right notes for me in terms of play, setting, and tone. I'm planning on doing a low chaos run later on after I get through some more games.

-Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. I finished this one more of obligation for spending the money on it than enjoyment. It does get better later on when things aren't quite as heavily controlled. That still ends up being only a small part of the time. The first Ghost Recon was one of my all time favorites. I dumped a lot of time into that game. Future Soldier was the final straw for me in modern military shooters/COD clones. Meh.

-Darksiders. I quite during the final dungeon. I might go back and finish it or just watch the last few cutscenes on youtube. The main character and story didn't do much for me, but I did like the setting. The Zelda meets God of War gameplay worked pretty well. Introducing portals into it was where it felt like fanboys shoving too much of their favorite things into a game. I did fire up Darksiders 2 and played it for a few minutes. Looks like they may have exchanged Zelda for Diablo? Anyway, I'll get back to it at some point.

Right now I'm playing through Spec Ops: The Line. I just bought Assassin's Creed 3, so I'm not sure if I want to re-play 2 on the PC or just jump straight into Brotherhood. I loved 2, but it's a bit long to rush through. I've only played some multiplayer and a few minutes of the single player.
Garrett is online now   Reply With Quote