View Single Post
Old December 26 2012, 09:22 PM   #208
Paper Moon
Commander

Re: TNG: Silent Weapons by David Mack Review Thread (Spoilers!)

I suppose this could go in the The Body Electric thread, but since I haven't read it yet, I'll put it here.

Here, David Mack identifies three actors to play TrekLit-only characters depicted in this book:

I think Kristin Kreuk would be a great choice to play Lieutenant T’ryssa Chen; science officer Lieutenant Dina Elfiki could be played by Minka Kelly; and new security chief Lieutenant Aneta Šmrhová should be played by the Czech actress after whom she was named.
I don't know Kreuk, but she certainly looks to be the part, given the descriptions we have of Chen. Minka Kelly I know from her work on Friday Night Lights and I think she could pull off Elfiki very well. (Though I sorta wish an Egyptian actress could be found; I'm not sure how comfortable I am with the idea of an American of French and Irish ancestry playing a human of explicitly Egyptian descent. Probably a discussion for another time, though.) And googling Ms. Šmrhová led me to some... interesting results that I would advise folks to approach carefully if they are in the presence of employers/the elderly. David, did you name-drop Šmrhová in Destiny before realizing that she would get a bigger role later on?
Paper Moon is offline   Reply With Quote