View Single Post
Old December 26 2012, 06:49 PM   #37
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Abrams turns Star Wars because of his "loyalty" to Trek

DalekJim wrote: View Post
Having fans in charge hasn't done the revived Doctor Who any harm.
Doctor Who is the exception to the rule. But even then, RTD made sure he had a non-fan as an executive producer who had veto authority, Julie Gardner. Interestingly enough, some of the more fanwanky things done during RTD's era (like seeing Gallifrey or a montage of all the Doctors) were actually Gardner's idea.

Moffat on the other hand has made Doctor Who less accessable to non-fans. Hell, he's even made it a bit too confusing for fans.

Santa Kang wrote: View Post
I'm not seeing a downside.
Well, I worry Abrams and his hombres might be trying too hard to make STID like The Dark Knight and in the end will result in a subpar imitation. The Dark Knight was trying to be its own movie, not imitate anything.

Gojira wrote: View Post
The new Godzilla movie is being directed by a big fan. I really don't think being afan should automatically exclude a person.
Depends on the circumstances. While having a fan in charge doesn't always result in disaster, most disasters are a result of a fan in charge.