View Single Post
Old December 26 2012, 03:26 PM   #27
keggy975
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Star Trek: A Singular Destiny

Metropolis Kansas

Tess Mercer was working hard as editor in chief of The Daily Planet. Two of her most trusted employees had called her and reported that they were now in Arizona; she knew about Clark’s abilities and had to laugh at what must have been a terrible shock for poor Chloe Sullivan.

She turned back to the files she was reading.

The files from the Veritas Program were consistent about the Kryptonians, but apparently there were others that Veritas knew about. A spy deep within the American branch of Torchwood routinely sent data to Veritas and one of the files described the known alien species – Gallifreyans, Daleks, Kaleds, Sontarrans, Vulcans, Klingons, Romulans, Andorians, Tellarites, Denobulans, Slitheen, Gelth, Judoon, Attraxi, Silurians, Cybermen, Nestene, Racnoss, Sycorax, Autons, Martians, Plutonians, Venusians, Nephilim, Lilitim, Cybertronians, and many, many others.

When Torchwood was destroyed, she was able to gain access to the files and discovered many other interesting things.

Torchwood knew unequivocally that the alien known as The Doctor was a Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey. There was so much data on the being that she had to stare in wonder at what the man had done in all of his incarnations – or regenerations as Torchwood called it.

And she also knew what to look for when it came to the energy signatures of his TARDIS. The new head of UNIT was the daughter of the late Brigadier General Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart, who was the head in the 60’s and 70’s and became scientific adviser thereafter.

The new director Kate Stewart, sans Lethbridge, was facing a major challenge, since most of her people were of the opinion that science did not matter, but that force did. It was nice to see her actively changing these views.

One reason she wanted Clark and Chloe working on the story in Arizona was that she knew that the men were innocent. She knew all about their travels, and even helped them out behind the scenes, while working for LuthorCorp. Now she was going to sit back and help Clark and Chloe when they needed her.

Chloe Sullivan and Clark Kent were heading over to the motel to interview the legal team which helped the Winchesters and Bobby Singer. The men themselves were willing to submit to an off-the-record interview. Lois had called and was worried about the both of them. No one should be alone in this, she said, so she hopped the next plane out to Phoenix. She was due to arrive in an hour and Clark would be conducting the interview, while Chloe dropped him off.

Clark was centered on the facts of the case. At first look, the only things that the prosecutors could substantially hold against the men were a few dug up graves and crypts, the impersonations and the credit card fraud. I mean, there was no blood, no bodies, not one bit of DNA but the Winchesters.

He looked forward to the interview. Lois and Chloe would be foaming at the mouth for an exclusive, and he had to nip that in the bud. Earlier this evening, a call from Tess Mercer revealed more to him than to any of the girls. He was aware of the truth to the men’s claims and he wanted to show his support. She told him that Chloe was to be secondary to the interview. He was in charge and she wanted him to get the truth, not an exclusive. Chloe would get that interview. Clark agreed completely.

“Clark, I wish I could do this.”

“I know, but Tess did want me on it. Bring back Lois and then I can fill you both in.”

And he would, now though, he needed to focus on his interview, as he turned around, he noticed three men exiting the motel room and get into their SUV. They pulled away and another man was coming to the door. He waited until the door opened and then came forward.
keggy975 is offline   Reply With Quote