View Single Post
Old December 26 2012, 12:58 PM   #49
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: New Empire magazine STID photos

Christopher wrote: View Post
It's not about Abrams. It's about recentness.
I started watching TOS back in 1975 and it is my favorite series. I watched Encounter at Farpoint three times the weekend it premiered back in 1987, saw Star Trek 2009 twice the weekend it opened, twice more in the theater during its run and have seen in several times after it was out of theaters since I own the film on Blu-ray.

My feelings about films have nothing to do with who makes them or if they're new. Why must people always try to assign ulterior motives whenever someone has concerns about something new coming out or points out flaws in something that has just come out?

My feelings towards the current films would be the same whether it was J.J. Abrams, Rick Berman or Gene Roddenberry making them. I would have the same concerns about a plot, that seemingly, copies the last two films plot in broad strokes. What I state is simply my opinion and can change when the film comes out.