View Single Post
Old December 25 2012, 04:57 PM   #12
marksound
Fleet Captain

Re: Minor BTTF Part Two question

tighr wrote: View Post
Merry Christmas wrote: View Post
Carcazoid wrote: View Post
On that side of the screen: One could infer that a universe-annihilating paradox would occur if two DeLoreans were in the same place at the same time.
But, when it is used to travel to 1955 the second time, the DeLorean is older and therefor not the exact same car.

Doc did modify it.
Plus, we already know from earlier in that film that meeting your future/past self doesn't create a paradox. Jennifer/Old Jennifer simply faint from the shock of meeting each other. Doc is able to hold a conversation with past-Doc with no problems. Actually, to go back even further, Marty sees past Marty at the end of the first Back to the Future when he returns to Lone Pines Mall (although they don't interact).
I was just franchise-jumping a bit. An attempt at ironic humor. Miniscule.

Spock: Then why did you send Kirk aboard when you alone could have explained the truth?
Spock Prime: Because you needed each other. I could not deprive you of the revelation of all that you could accomplish together, of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot yet realize.
Spock: How did you persuade him to keep your secret?
Spock Prime: He inferred that universe-ending paradoxes would ensue should he break his promise.
Spock: You lied.
Spock Prime: Aww... I... I implied.
marksound is offline   Reply With Quote