View Single Post
Old December 24 2012, 10:52 PM   #263
ronny
Fleet Captain

View ronny's Twitter Profile
Re: VOY: Children of the Storm by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoiler

Really, really good book. I gave it an above average only because I try to make sure I don't suffer from grade creep and save outstandings for Destiny type quality but this is pretty damn close.

I liked the fact that we don't just focus on the Voyager crew because, hey, we've got a fleet. Reminded me of the Titan book Sword of Damocles which focused on non TV crew members. The aliens were interesting and the ended didn't seem like it was pulled out of a hat. I really liked the Demeter crew story. This is the best of the Beyer re-launch books so far.

And you couldn't imagine how uninterested I am in posts in a book review thread from people telling us why they aren't reading the books. Didn't care the last 2 books, don't care now.

The comments about Beltran only being in it for the money, blah, blah, blah. At least he spoke out about how vapid his character was. There's not enough of that. Want to guess how long I or most of us here would stay at our jobs if we didn't need the money? And there was a LOT more money involved for any of the Voyager actors then what we're making. Of course they are going to stick around. I'm sure the Denise Crosby experience is on any Star Trek actors mind when they are thinking about leaving the show.

My Star Trek reading progress.
ronny is offline   Reply With Quote