View Single Post
Old December 24 2012, 12:38 PM   #1823
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Dac wrote: View Post
Thanks for clearing up the BoP question. My 720p TV at 50 inches isn't the sharpest thing around, and I was quite far away from the TV. I just remember the footage appearing REALLY fuzzy in one screencap we got, but it looked rather sharp and brightly lit in the episode I saw.

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
CoolantLeak wrote: View Post
Is SyFy HD already showing the new HD transfers?
I sort of doubt it, strikes me as way too soon for TNG S2 (or even S1) to make it into syndication.
In the UK, they are. SyFy HD has been airing them one per day for the past couple of weeks. It surprised the hell out of me too.

And as for not buying it - the quality is a step down, I can't get it round here for as cheap as I got season one and I dont really have the money to spend on something I don't want all that much.

Season 3 on the other hand has 2 of my favorite episodes of the series (possibly all of Trek) on it, plus the trailer looks stunning. That will be a must buy.

And the channel is included with our HDTV/Tivo/Internet/Phone bundle. Considering I almost never watch anything on TV anymore, finding Season 2 airing on UK TV a mere few days after its release was a welcome shock.
Yeah, it's pretty cool. I thought I read somewhere that they were going to take a break mid-Season 2 though, repeat Season 1 and then come back to it. I'm not sure how true that is though.

I think it's great that they're airing though. I have no interest beyond watching the episodes so it was either watch them on TV or download. I'd rather the former so I can at least support the project financially in some small way.
Shazam! is online now   Reply With Quote