View Single Post
Old December 23 2012, 11:12 PM   #27
Maurice
Vice Admiral

View Maurice's Twitter Profile
Re: Starship Farragut's "The Price of Anything"

I generally don't comment on acting in fanfilms since most of the performers in them aren't trained actors. I will say that John Broughton is much improved in this segment and it's obvious he got some good notes from the director.

I will agree with Dennis that maybe a comparison to WEAT isn't quite apt, given how many pros worked on that. I think it's fair to use TTI as an example because even unfinished you can still judge the quality of the writing, acting, lighting, camera work, etc. (it also helps that I have seen the ending).

The location work helps a lot. It opens up the visual scope. There are a few shots there that are pretty damned good.

So, in general, for a fan film it's really good. That said, it's a fan film, and it's got its share of flaws.

So, critiques aside, kudos to the team for making one of the best Trek fanfilms yet. Well done.
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote