View Single Post
Old December 23 2012, 04:30 PM   #27
Bishop76
Fleet Captain

Re: Getting into Star Trek, what should I watch!??

Mr_Homn wrote: View Post
Greg Cox wrote: View Post
VOYAGER, on the other hand, had probably the best pilot of any of the latter-day shows. A nicely-paced introduction to the series and its characters.
Ick. I thought it was absolutely terrible. I thought DS9 had the best pilot of the later treks. Enterprise had a decent pilot too. TNG pilot is a mixed bag. The first time you see it, it's kinda sucky, but it's pretty cool once you have seen the whole series I think. Which of course means it's not very good as a pilot....
Agreed. Voyager's pilot was embarrassingly bad, in my opinion. Want some corn?

Emissary was really slow, but set up the premise of the series solidly and Broken Bow was probably the best of all the latter series pilots, which is a shame that the show couldn't follow suit. Encounter at Farpoint is laughably bad, but the show got better so it's easy to forgive it. There's no question though, The Cage or Where No Man Has Gone Before are the best pilots of the franchise.