View Single Post
Old December 23 2012, 07:47 AM   #13
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai
Re: MLP:FiM S3E8 - "Apple Family Reunion" Grading & Discussion

brian577 wrote: View Post
This episode is proof that AJ can not carry an episode on her own. I've said before and I'm going to say it again, AJ is boring and that is why she is at the bottom of my rankings.
Her fundamental problem is that she has no neuroses to speak of and she's basically happy with her life. That makes her the kind of person (pony) you'd want to befriend in reality, but a terrible TV character. There's nothing you can do with her that's interesting to watch.

It's a shame they couldn't address the dead parents issue directly, because that bit of personal pain would have made compelling reason for her to micromanage the reunion and added some depth to her character at the same time.

I think it speaks volumes that the best AJ episode to date involved removing her from the episode for the first two acts and putting the focus on everyone else reacting to her being missing. The poor girl is boring.

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
It was a fairly middling episode elevated by some good moments. Applejack finally gets song! Too bad it's not all that clever or memorable.
Yeah. It's not a bad episode it's just completely and utterly unmemorable. It's the "Owl's Well That Ends Well" of Apple Family entries: inoffensive, competently made and nothing worth remembering.

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
This was really all Applejack's episode, too. Did any of the other mane six even have a line?
Pinkie Pie had a line. "Don't forget your gold" or somesuch, when she threw the edible gold dust at AJ. (BTW, golden blindbag Applejack is now canon.)