View Single Post
Old December 23 2012, 06:18 AM   #5598
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I just hope this takes out the Guardians once and for all, I'm sick of their dickery.
Agreed. I think I've said it before, but I'd love to see the Lanterns being forced to stand on their own. Maybe they would have a Senior Council of Lanterns with people like Kilowog, Guy (he'll be back, you can guarantee that,) Salaak, etc. Something tells me that they might offer it to John, but he would have little interest. I just think there's a lot of story potential in forcing the Corps to figure out their place in the universe without the Guardians calling the shots.

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Haven't really been paying attention to anything GL since I dropped "Green Lantern" after the first issue. Johns' GL work to me has been uninteresting since the conclusion of "Blackest Night".
That's too bad. While it did seem to be spinning its wheels for a little while after Blackest Night, I thought War of the Green Lanterns was suitably epic. Also, the post New52 stuff was uniformly strong. Hal and Sinestro working together made for some fantastic stories. I like Baz so far, but I really want those two to return to the forefront.

It's interest, but after all this, I really can't see Sinestro as a villain any more. He's really become more of an anti-hero. It's a great shift though. The way Johns has made it happen feels completely organic. I really hope we don't see him return to villainy after all is said and done. Sinestro and Hal together are just too much fun to undo.