View Single Post
Old December 23 2012, 03:23 AM   #23
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
Re: Anyone familiar with the BBC version of Sherlock Holmes? (spoiler

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Oh bother, my netflix is glitching out this evening. I'm sure it will right itself soon enough. Pardon my ignorance since I've been working massive overtime until about 2 days ago--this Elementary--it's a BBC series or an American one? Lucy Liu as Watson? Who the hell thought that was a good idea? Turning Watson into a woman is bad enough, but to turn him into the charm free Lucy Liu? Blech.

Set in New York.

Johnny Lee Miller from Trainspotting, a villain two season's ago in Dexter and fantastically Eli Stone if you like a law firm that has constant song and dance numbers... **Swoon**

Johnny is using his real accent, well, close to his real accent, he's got this aspergers thing going on, so he's an Englishman in America, recovering from Heroin addiction with the aid of his "Sober Companion" (babysitter) JOAN Watson paid for by his father, who is never seen and possibly made up by Sherlock to manipulate Watson, but constantly threatening to cut him off if he doesn't behave.

Holme's is a consultant for the NYPD.

The pilot wasn't that great, but the subsequent episodes have been very engaging and even bordering on clever... But it's still not an adequate replacement for the genuine article.

Gotta appreciate the quantity however.
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote