View Single Post
Old December 23 2012, 03:22 AM   #22
Christopher
Writer

Re: Anyone familiar with the BBC version of Sherlock Holmes? (spoiler

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Pardon my ignorance since I've been working massive overtime until about 2 days ago--this Elementary--it's a BBC series or an American one?
An American series, created and show-run by Robert Doherty.

Lucy Liu as Watson? Who the hell thought that was a good idea? Turning Watson into a woman is bad enough, but to turn him into the charm free Lucy Liu?
Actually it's working out very well. The show is a big hit, and its leads have good chemistry. And turning Watson into a woman is surely no worse than turning Watson into a doddering buffoon the way the Rathbone-Bruce movies did.

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
I don't know if you didn't have to explain where Michelle is from because she is the most beautiful woman in the world, or because reminding us that she was the Bionic Woman makes us doubt her inner beauty which disqualifies her from being the most beautiful woman in the world.
Neither of the above. She has a wide-ranging career in film, television, and theatre, from which I assumed her name would be recognizable, and that very short-lived Bionic Woman remake from five years ago is merely a minor blip in her career, hardly worth mentioning. I'd think that even American viewers would remember her more as Nimueh in Merlin or Lady Christina in Doctor Who: "Planet of the Dead."

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote