View Single Post
Old December 23 2012, 02:28 AM   #14
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: Anyone familiar with the BBC version of Sherlock Holmes? (spoiler

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
How many orders of magnitude is Sherlock more awesome than Elementary?
Allowing for differences in format (UK -- 90 minutes movies without commercials, US -- 42 minute episodes broken up with commercials), I find the two series on par with one another.

Steven Moffat likes to say that Sherlock is inspired by the Canon, but Elementary is more Canonical than most people think.

Miller's Holmes and Cumberbatch's Sherlock are comparable. Martin Freeman and Lucy Liu aren't really comparable because their characters are so vastly different, but I can't say that either is wrong for their role.

The one place I give Elementary the edge is in the police departments. Aiden Quinn's Gregson is heads and shoulders over Rupert Graves' Lestrade, and NYPD Detective Bell leaves more of an impression than the rest of Lestrade's crew.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote