View Single Post
Old December 23 2012, 01:49 AM   #335
gturner
Admiral

Re: MASSIVE Elementary School Shooting in CT *12-24 Maybe be dead

HoHoHocutus wrote: View Post

I did, and I included the fact that handguns are banned despite knowing that you'd pull some goalpost moving bullshit with that single piece of information like you always do, because I'm more interested in posting facts than just things that fit my narrative, like you. How about you fucking learn what "completely banned guns" means before you throw it out a bunch of times in the thread in order to support your made up statistics? I love that you also highlighted guns being "registered" as if that was synonymous with them being banned. God, you are the most dishonest and misleading person I've ever had the displeasure of debating here, and you have stiff competition from one of your fellow gun nuts in the thread.
So you never once suspected that the collapse of the Soviet Union didn't result in changes to the communist ban on civilian guns? As Stalin reportedly said, "We don't let them have ideas. Why would we let them have guns?"

After the collapse they loosened their restrictions, but still didn't allow civilians to own pistols. So yes, as far as I can tell, they completely banned guns back in the twenties.

At present they are working on a bill to allow civilians to possess .380's, 9mm's, and similar guns to reduce the murder rate, and also so the people can defend themselves against cops, who seem to be part of the homicide problem.

MacLeod wrote:
So you are saying when an armed civllian interceds the murder rate drops to 2.5 / 100 000. That's still over twice the overall murder rate per capita in the UK.
No, not 2.5 per hundred thousand, 2.5 per mass public shooting incident, instead of 14. It's a police response time problem. They can't be everywhere, and in many places can be a half-hour or an hour away. Even one of the Democrat Senators said his wife keeps a gun at home because they live in a remote area, one of those places where the bodies are cold before the police arrive.
gturner is offline   Reply With Quote