View Single Post
Old December 22 2012, 08:47 PM   #8
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral
Re: So, what's up for Christmas?

My Christmas routine is exactly the same every year. One of these days it might be nice to do something a little different, and perhaps more enjoyable.

Morning: go to Grandma's house and have Xmas breakfast and then gift exchange with my Mom's side of the family. Bickering ensues. I get a headache.

Early Afternoon: my brother and I meet up with my Dad and his wife for gift exchange; bickering is kept to a minimum (unless my brother is in a bad mood in which case he may throw a temper tantrum like he's 12, not a 35 year old).

Mid-to-Late Afternoon: Seek refuge with one of my best friends and their family; eat; drink moderately to help me cope with the stress of enduring my own family

Evening: back to Grandma's for Xmas dinner and substantially more bickering; put in adequate face time and then politely excuse myself and leave at the earliest convenience
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Warp Coil is offline   Reply With Quote