View Single Post
Old December 22 2012, 05:58 PM   #1283
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

od0_ital wrote: View Post
Watchd the gawd awful Zoom on DVD the other day.
It was too kid friendly for my tastes, but it does have heart and I like the concept, story and casting enough to want to get it when I can.

352. Supergirl (✩✩✩) - DVD - I recently purchased this one on DVD. It's a shame that it wasn't included in the Superman movie set or even released on blu-ray, but hopefully someday it will be. I'm reviewing this because I got the version with the extra 10 minutes, bringing the runtime to 124 minutes. I hope to get the longest version at some point just to have, but what I saw was adequate. I like Helen Slater as Supergirl and I liked Faye Dunaway as the wannabe sorceress. It's a decent story and an underrated movie if you get past the Salkind-style camp.

The intro is kind of catchy…

Can't believe it cost $1 milion to make.

353. Finding Mrs. Claus (✩✩½) - Live TV - Mrs. Claus travels to Las vegas to help a woman in need, and following along is Santa himself to find out what she's up to. Stars Mira Sorvino and Will Sasso. Due to some magic that allows them to blend into society, the actors spend much of the movie looking like themselves. Not a great movie, but not bad either.

354. Naughty or Nice (✩✩✩✩) - Live TV - A career woman named Krissy Kringle was just fired from her job and accidentally gets Santa's Naughty or Nice list (in the form of a book) mailed to her. The book is magic and contains everyone's secrets which she uses to her advantage. Krissy's parents were played by Michael Gross and Meredith Baxter of Family Ties fame. I thought that was a nice touch. I tuned in expecting your usual lame Hallmark TV movie, but this one was actually really good. A little more effort was put into crafting a story more complex than your usual TV movie fare. This would have made a pretty good big budget picture. I plan to get this on DVD. I like Christmas movies and this one is worthy of my collection.

Theatre: 22
DVD/Blu-ray: 137
Live TV: 141
Recorded TV: 5
On Demand: 45
Internet: 4
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote