View Single Post
Old December 22 2012, 03:27 PM   #316
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: Holy ....! Doctor Who/Star Trek Crossover coming From IDW!

It's done. That's the best thing I can say.

This was the comic book equivalent of the long passages through V'Ger in Star Trek: The Motion Picture or the diving bubble sequence in "The Sea Devils." Yes, it's cool to see Patrick Stewart and Matt Smith sharing the same page. But they needed to do something with that. Put the characters in jeopardy. Make them work to get out of bad and increasingly worse situations. Have them do something. That's not what we got. What we got was nostalgia masquerading for narrative.

Conceptually, Assimilation2 could have worked. Instead, we got something that Steve Parkhouse and John Ridgway would have needed at most four eight-pagers in Doctor Who Magazine to cover spread out to 180 pages.

I talk about it more at length on my blog. I voted for this in Bleeding Cool's "Most Disappointing Comic of 2012" poll. Avengers Vs. X-Men was terrible, but I didn't expect anything from that. I expected better from this.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote