View Single Post
Old December 21 2012, 12:59 AM   #1780
trekker670
Fleet Captain

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

I've gone through season 2 with an open mind and I've been pleasently surprised with the results (granted, I'm watching on a 32" 720p TV), however I found my first major issue (I find the transporter effect that I referred to above as minor) and it was with DNR.

I was watching "Schizoid Man" and as I watched the opening scene with Palaski walking down the corridor, looked very dull, as if there was a film or haze on the picture, almost like they didn't color correct properly or the contrast was off. I couldn't figure out why for several seconds, thinking maybe I was being too picky, but then I realized it was an effects shot. The continuous shot of Palaski from the corridor to the bridge via turbolift was vfx shot, done by chroma-keying the bridge in post production. There was significant spill once the turbolift doors reopen, especially around her hair. As soon as the cut to a new shot the clarity was back to what I expected.

I know it's not the end of the world, but after 5 episodes, this was the first time I was truly let down...
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote