View Single Post
Old December 20 2012, 01:10 AM   #478
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic anticipation thread.

Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
I've run into a problem on Tatooine due to the reduced xp for FTP. I was finished with Nar Shadaa at level 24. Did everything I possibly could, unless there was something I had missed in terms of regular missions, and everything on Tatooine was at level 25, so I couldn't make much progress unless I grinded, so that's what I did. Went out into the desert, applied an XP boost and went and killed anything that had the white symbol, such as the giant lizards and there were lots of those. Took awhile, but I eventually leveled to 25 and made some more progress with my missions. So, let that be a warning to anyone coming to Tatooine after Nar Shadaa while playing FTP. There might be a few other situations like this going forward too.
I started getting this problem not long after I reached Coruscant. Taris got really bad, to the point where I just started out and out grinding just to get the XP needed to arrive at Nar Shaddaa without getting sliced to ribbons on my first run through. Of course, now I'm really running through the problem on Nar Shaddaa, and as a level 17, I can't continue my missions until I grind some more.

Personally, I think SWTOR should have taken the same tack as STO. They're making money hand over fist with the way they run the C-Store. I think SWTOR would have more luck that way. Granted, it's too early to tell, but if I didn't really love Star Wars, I'd have probably left SWTOR by now, because while they insist the storyline is free, getting to it becomes increasingly frustrating, and it's all because you know they're limiting you, trying to force you to subscribe. STO essentially said "Play as much as you like, we don't care if you subscribe, but look! Shinies in the C-Store!"

Rainbow Dash Buys A Ford Pinto, A Short Story by LotusTeaDragon
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote