View Single Post
Old December 20 2012, 12:33 AM   #4989
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

I think Man of Steel is going to have a lot more action than Superman Returns. I don't think WB would allow for another movie like Returns especially how it under-performed to their expectations.

When Alan Horn (the then president of WB) talked about the performance of that movie at the time, he mentioned it needed more action. I think that's what they perceive as the biggest flaw of the movie. So I'm sure Man of Steel is going to have a lot more action to cater to that demographic expecting grandiose action in a summer blockbuster. Besides, I doubt Zack Snyder would make a movie that didn't have at least some stunning visual/action sequences! Haha.

To be honest, while the tone of Man of Steel is reminiscent of Superman Returns, I don't think they look visually at all alike. Returns had this 1930's, art deco, vintage kind of look and feel about it, with dark, muted colors. While Man of Steel definitely has some of that look, I think it feels and looks more like a Terrence Malick film than a Bryan Singer film. That's just my opinion, of course. I can see where people find similarities, but I think Man of Steel has a much more natural and organic look about it when it comes to the cinematography and the visual look of things, whereas Returns was much more polished and refined, if that makes any sense.