View Single Post
Old December 19 2012, 06:50 PM   #10
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile
Re: Miranda Class v2.0

The Axeman wrote: View Post
... You're also right about the nacelles being a little bulky, I was aware of it and I may have to change that at a later stage. Nacelles are easy to swap out though, but coming up with a novel design for them that doesn't offend the eyes is a problem....
Ain't that the truth!? And I think the unfortunate tendency has been to over-engineer them. I'm not specifically complaining about your design here, it's tough to make original nacelles that aren't over-complicated. After all, how many different ways are there to carve a cylinder?

Snowjourner wrote: View Post
It's a cool design but something kept bugging me about it while I looked at it. I think my problem with it is the knife edge of the "saucer". It just looks too sharp for a federation ship. At least to my eye. That felling may go away as detail is added that breaks up the edge a bit.
Wow. Wow! I didn't notice that until you mentioned it, but now that you have, it's a bit like that mole on Aunt Martha's nose. Maybe I'm bringing too much baggage from the original along?

No offense intended, Axe!