View Single Post
Old December 19 2012, 03:24 PM   #413
View tranya's Twitter Profile
Re: The Official Welcome Thread

Howdy. I'm tranya, I'm a dude who lives in Indiana.

I've actually had an account here for years, I just rarely check in. My Trek love spans about 35 years or so, ever since I saw TAS in the 1970s (my earliest Star Trek memory), and then, of course, lots of Star Trek in reruns.

I go through phases of interest in Trek. Right now I'm having another one, very definitely because of the recent info about Star Trek Into Darkness. Over the years, I've considered myself a fan of every Trek other than Voyager (pretty much always hated it). Lately, I can't really handle much of the Berman era other than DS9; TNG seems comfortable, preachy, and full of bumpy-headed B-list actors, Voyager is ignorable, Enterprise had great ideas but was hampered by a lack of vision early on, and then a neocon showrunner later.

So, I suppose I keep finding myself returning to Star Trek (no colons, no subtitles, just Star Trek). And thus it's fun for me to watch how Abrams, Orci, & Co. are re-envisioning the first, best of the shows. And that's what brings me back here, to reconnect with Star Trek and see what the fans of today think about it all.
For the internet is hollow and I have touched my keyboard.
tranya is offline   Reply With Quote