View Single Post
Old December 19 2012, 03:39 AM   #27
Christopher
Writer

Re: Simon & Schuster to release ST titles in eBook omnibi?

shanejayell wrote: View Post
I'm also scratching my head at tossing the Temporal Investigations book in with the 'Original Series' omnibus. I mean, aren't the readers gonna be a BIT lost without the first DTI book?
Hopefully not. I was originally told it was going to be published under the TOS banner, so I approached it so that it could work as a TOS novel -- so that someone unfamiliar with DTI, or even the TNG era in general, could still follow the book. Although the same characters appear, there are virtually no references to specific plot points or story arcs from Watching the Clock. So the uninitiated reader could pick it up and just see these characters from the future as one-time guest stars, kind of like the futures glimpsed in novels like Crossroad and Imzadi.

I like to think the two DTI novels can be read in either order, which is appropriate. Indeed, I'm hoping that including FH in this TOS omnibus will introduce DTI to some fans who didn't take note of it when it was published under its own subtitle.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote