View Single Post
Old December 19 2012, 01:23 AM   #178
Captrek
Rear Admiral

Re: Dexter - Season 7 (with Spoilers)

davejames wrote: View Post
Magus on a Star Trek wrote: View Post
I’m quite bugged by Dexter’s treatment of Hannah and his statement that “If there had been any other way, I would have found it.” He didn’t even try to look for another way. Wouldn’t it have made more sense to use the pen for blackmail than to lock her up? “I have the pen. Anything happens to Deb or me and it goes to the police.”
If he tried that, he almost certainly would have been the NEXT one on her list.
Like I said, he arranges that if anything happens to him, the pen goes to the police. That should be very dissuasive.

And I think people are reaching when it comes to the water bottle thing. The only reason Hannah froze before admitting the truth was for dramatic effect. And no matter how much you over analyze the events, it just doesn't make any sense for her to accept the blame if she had nothing to do with it.
I'm not over-analyzing, just analyzing. It makes no dramatic sense for Hannah to try to kill Deb at this point, and it's completely out of character for her to be so clumsy about it. Either the writers had her act irrationally and out of character just so they could tie off the story arc, or there's a lot going on under the surface. I suspect, and certainly hope, that the latter is the case.
Captrek is offline   Reply With Quote