View Single Post
Old December 19 2012, 12:27 AM   #289
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Re: TTN: Fallen Gods by Michael A. Martin Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Just finished the book, and, to be honest, I really don't know how I feel about it. Revisiting and expanding on the circumstances whereby we ended up with two Rikers is an interesting story development, but would have been better suited to being dealt with as the subject of a multiple-book subseries (i.e. Destiny or Cold Equations) rather than a one-shot book that leaves the scenario unresolved and open-ended. The situation is exacerbated by the fact that there's absolutely nothing present in novels from other series that take place chronologically following this book that even hints at the monumental developments that this book sets into motion.

I did really enjoy the situation involving the Tai'thans, and particularly liked their intersex nature. The resolution of lingering issues from Seize the Fire was also neatly handled.

Last edited by DigificWriter; December 19 2012 at 12:57 AM.
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote