View Single Post
Old December 18 2012, 09:16 PM   #171
Tom Hendricks
Commodore

View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile
Re: MLB Offseason 2012

You over paid a bit, but not to the extent of your dismay. When he wins 16-18 games for you this season, well see what you think then. As with any trade, anything could happen. Your top shelf catching prospect we got has some serious injury concerns and with catchers anything that impacts your legs is troubling.

As a side note I found this on line today. Its a cartoon done by Dale Murphy's son for his dad trying to get him in the Hall of Fame.

This is what the son said: [M]y professional sports knowledge is nil, and my athletic prowess is nonexistent. Most people are surprised to hear that my artistic side was actually fostered and encouraged by my Dad, but that's just the way he's always been with me.

I'm not smart enough to argue his career, his numbers, or to compare him to other players (I only know a few others), and I can only remember bits and pieces of his career. But I remember perfectly sitting in our art room in Georgia, tracing the outlines of our feet onto planks of wood, whittling sticks and bars of soap on the back porch, admiring my dad's doodles that he would do of all our names, and carving our initials into trees as we tried to hunt bats with our BB guns.

I don't know if he'll get in the Hall, but... it really doesn't matter to me.

http://deadspin.com/5969376/dale-mur...arming-cartoon

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.

Last edited by Tom Hendricks; December 18 2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: adding link at bottom