View Single Post
Old December 18 2012, 06:34 PM   #780
JimZipCode
Lieutenant Commander

Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

Christopher wrote: View Post
And oh, man, those "Way to Eden" songs. Those... are... just... so... very... sixties. But in their own way, they work. I feel the episode itself was a hamfisted and rather clueless treatment of the counterculture movement (it was never really clear what they were protesting or whether they had legitimate criticisms of the 23rd-century world, and they were all just dupes for a terrorist and their Edenic goal turned out to be a fool's dream), but the songs come closer to capturing the feel of '60s protest songs and counterculture ideals, or at least it seems so to me. And "Hey, Out There" has kind of a nice message that isn't too bizarrely conveyed.
Although I still don't think "Eat all the fruit and throw away the rind" is a line that works particularly well. Feels like Napier and his collaborators were kind of flailing around for a rhyme there.
And yet I love that "Headin' Out To Eden" song. Also thrilled to have that 24sec "instrumental tag" of it (played at the death of Adam), and to have all the questions about the episode's music answered.

Deborah Downey has a super voice. Her little harmonizing line on "he had to dooo-ooooo-ooooo-oooo-ooo-oooo-oooo" is quite good.

Far Out Jam!
JimZipCode is offline   Reply With Quote