View Single Post
Old December 18 2012, 12:17 PM   #36
KamenRiderBlade
Lieutenant Commander

Re: A country without Money how it's work?

Deks wrote: View Post
Oh I know that Humans are multi-dimensional, but that doesn't mean that people will turn to anarchy without a government, that things will intricately fall apart that (or that society couldn't function without one).
In small populations of probably 4 digits or less worth of people, lack of government might work without much of a hitch.
However when you get into billions to quadrillions when you have a country as big as the UFP, conflict based on differing opinion will occur.
Anything short of mass brainwashing, you're bound to have conflicting opinions.
Government's purpose is to give focus and drive the people in a specific direction for the benefit of the people / country.

The reason governments worked in the past and today is because the general population was not 'educated' properly.
Education today is limited to industrialization for the purpose of following orders, getting a job, and contributing to the economy like a 'good little consumer'.

Exposure to relevant general education of the global population would eliminate governments and people in positions of power due to the individual's ability to contemplate notions in a variety of subjects and think critically without being subjected to 'take the word of a governing body' (which interestingly enough almost always distorts information to suit the vested interests in the present system).

When you live in an advanced setting, your decision making is also bound to be switched over to machines (I already gave examples of how this has already been happening in reality on an increasing basis in previous posts).
The only reason Star Trek never went that far is because they wanted to create a show that was 'relate-able' to the audience.
I've already covered the education topic in my previous post.
I generally agree with you Deks, so I'll leave that alone.

I've already mentioned my thoughts on machines in my previous posts, so I will no regurgitate.

As far as ST being 'relate-able', yes there is that, but it also probably stems from Gene's View Point along with any of the other creative staff that brought in contributions.

Ergo a Constitutional Representative Democracy is the government structure they use to represent the UFP.
The way the government is structured is what I don't agree with.
The creative staff didn't put enough thought into creating a government that has the least likely system to prevent corruption.
If there is a future series, there would need to be change to the rules / structure of the UFP government that needs to be covered IMO.
KamenRiderBlade is offline   Reply With Quote