View Single Post
Old December 17 2012, 09:46 PM   #170
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

Re: Dexter - Season 7 (with Spoilers)

I'm sure that's how the writers will try to sell nobody being particularly suspicious of Dexter and Debra, both being allowed to participate in the investigation, etc. But it's still deeply implausible that no one would consider the timing of the murders, think, "Well, maybe..." and start looking closely at the Morgans' recent behavior. (And I'm sure that's what will happen eventually... at just the pace necessary to balance whatever thematically-relevant filler has been devised for season 8.) The murder of a cop is not exactly the kind of case that gets treated lightly. In another interview, showrunner Scott Buck claims that this story showed LaGuerta was "a much smarter detective than anyone had imagined." If that were the case, she would have left records of her investigation that even super-genius Dexter couldn't sweep away, and never mind "there is no record of a warrant at this point." But then, if that were the case, she wouldn't have gone alone to the shipping yards, or been knocked out so easily on entering the container. Variable intelligence as a function of narrative contingency.