View Single Post
Old December 17 2012, 03:56 PM   #6
bbbarton
Cadet

Re: TOS original broadcast tapes found - need player

Wow, you guys rock! That's some really great information. The picture of the U-matic tape shown in the link looks exactly what I've found. Each tape is stored in a hard plastic case with a sliding latch. Also the building hasn't been abandoned that long, maybe a few weeks, so hopefully the tapes are in good shape. Also many of them have a sticker listing the last date that they were aired. All those dates are in the mid to late 80's, so again, they're likely in good shape. I'll look around for a suitable player, but I'm not sure I want to shell out $300 for it. I've got a buddy who's an AV guru at a local university. Maybe he can loan me a machine for a short while. One question: DQ mentions a type 2 or type 9 deck. I've searched, but don't find any mention of the difference. How can I figure out what type of deck these tapes are compatible with? They have no mfg markings on them, other than what looks like some lot numbers. In any case, I can't thank you guys enough for pointing me in the right direction. This is really a great forum. I can't get my post to appear in paragraphs. Sorry for the wall of text.

Last edited by bbbarton; December 17 2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: paragraph spacing doesn't work
bbbarton is offline   Reply With Quote