View Single Post
Old December 17 2012, 12:03 PM   #171
Lord Prancer The 5th
Rear Admiral

Location: Mach5 doesn't like sand. It's coarse and irritating, and it gets everywhere.
Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Grading & Discussion (Spoilers

My Name Is Legion wrote:
The action is preposterous; by the third act everyone is Wile E. Coyote, repeatedly enduring impossible falls and violence while not appearing to suffer so much as a broken finger.
That's my single biggest complaint regarding The Hobbit. It felt like watching a cartoon at times, and funnily enough, Road Runner came to my mind as well.

One thing I always loved about LOTR was the way action was handled. Sure, some of Legolas' acrobatics felt over the top, but overall it was very engaging and suspending disbelief was no problem at all.

BTW, I absolutely hated the vargs chasing Radagast scene. I could almost hear the Benny Hill music in my head while watching it. Very lame.

Gep Malakai wrote: View Post
imagine that's one of the discrepancies he would have fixed if he'd ever done the full rewrite on the Hobbit that he'd wanted.
So Tolkien was Lucas before even Lucas was Lucas?

Hanukkah Solo wrote: View Post
An Unexpected Journey sets a new December record with an $84.7 million opening weekend. Overseas it earned an additional $138.2 million over the weekend.
Strong numbers, but nothing sensational. Now lets see if this movie has legs. My prediction: $400M domestic total, and $1.2B worldwide.