View Single Post
Old December 17 2012, 06:22 AM   #30
Lord Garth
Captain

Re: Which movie is most like a TOS episode?

RAMA wrote: View Post
STTMP: Not much like TOS. Different look, a more mature outlook to AI, but also a less warm feel.

STII: Closer to the feel of TOS: Still, a "villain" centered story, there weren't too many villains in TOS..and in this case Khan was underwritten in the movie, but redeemed by a great performance. Space Seed was better written for Khan. It was more military and had more battles.

STIII: Nothing but "family", the crew is even more close at this point. The Klingons dont feel much like the 60s Klingons, but there is something of a tv episode intimacy in this movie.

STIV: A lack of a central villain, a slingshot around the sun, lots of humor like several popular episodes, and a message. This feels a lot like a big budget TOS episode!

STV: SHatner kept this one from feeling like a TOS episode. Illogical characters, humor at the characters expense, bad writing, poor planning...about the only thing that feels like TOS is the FX.

STVI: Meyer made this feel like his own, there are things Roddenberry never would have put in this movie.

RAMA
You know what? I'll go with this.

I never thought about it that way. Traditionally, I'd always gone with TFF by default because it has the status quo of the series and nothing changes. TVH does work better even if Spock's not himself.
Lord Garth is offline   Reply With Quote