View Single Post
Old December 17 2012, 04:38 AM   #1729
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Wesley was obviously lying, it was his "Hiking trip on Mt. Tibidabo" story. It apparently isn't very effective on metamorphs.

davejames wrote: View Post
Anyway, I watched "The Dauphin" for the first time in forever, and it was just about as dull as I remembered. Although I will say Wheaton does a pretty decent job with what he's given (Wesley is still a clueless geek, but at least he's a more likeable and less obnoxious one than in the first season).

And the planet and Holodeck effects sequence looked pretty good too.

Of course the real highlight of the episode was when THIS girl came on the screen. Hummina hummina.
http://tng.trekcore.com/gallery/albu...dauphin061.jpg
Agreed on the girl, wish we got to see more of her.

The Dauphin is sort of a lame episode. I can't say I hate it nor can I say I like it. On a watch-through I'll usually watch it, though. But, really, it's an episode about Wesley crushing on some rather average looking girl WAY out of his league. I also think he over-reacts just a bit when he finds out she's a metamorph. I mean, certainly he didn't think she was human, did he? He knew she was an alien, right? Perhaps he thought she was a humanoid alien that looked like a human and was shocked to find out she was non traditionally biological entity but he flips the fuck out over it thinking she was playing with him to be malicious?!

Loved Worf's bit though, after suggesting to woo the girl by reading her love poetry and hurling furniture around Wesley dismisses this. Worf's new suggestion? "Go to her door. Beg like a human."