View Single Post
Old December 17 2012, 01:21 AM   #468
Crazy Eddie
Rear Admiral

Re: Ancient Aliens

Edit_XYZ wrote: View Post
newtype_alpha wrote: View Post
Edit_XYZ wrote: View Post
Breeding IS evolution (the breeded most adapted to their environment survive, becoming a new race of their species; in a relatively short time, with mutations accumulating, even a new species).
No, breeding is breeding.
That's the quintessential summary of your last post.
Isn't it, though? You use the word "breeding" and then cite characteristics that apply to evolution and speciation as if they were the same thing.

But they're not. Breeding is not evolution. Breeding is the process of selecting mates through completed sexual reproduction.

FYI, "Strawman" does not mean "something I assume you believe because I think you're wrong."
Indeed, it doesn't mean that.
Making a straw-man means creating the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and to refute it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.

You engaged in quite a few straw-men
The problem with this is that YOU keep supplying strawman positions and then accusing me of attacking them. For instance, you included in your previous post some idiocy about my "happy ending politically correct version of evolution" which is so divorced from anything that is contained in any of my posts that I've long since stopped wondering if you even know what the fuck you're talking about and are just arguing for argument's sake.