View Single Post
Old December 16 2012, 07:42 PM   #29
KamenRiderBlade
Lieutenant Commander

Re: A country without Money how it's work?

Brainsucker wrote: View Post
Well yes, there are only a handful of inventors who successfully develop new technologies. And what jobs are unproductive to society as is only serve to "move money around? Tell me some example of it! Gambling den? Whore House? Oh yes, You're right. Banking system? Trading (export - Import) ? Manufacture (clothes? electronic? vehicle? cigarette (oh for Cigarette, I agree with you, it is unproductive for society))
Secretary's, Insurance agents (the entire insurance system), Reality TV stars, stock broker's, most CEO's and upper management. The list can go on about who isn't being a truly useful member of society and just occupies a job for the sake of it.

You know, the drive of monetary based economy is capitalism. Well, maybe it has many flaw, but with capitalism, there are competition. And with competition, ideas and innovation are born. Apple won't develop I-pad, I-Phone, etc, if it's not because of monetary reason. Our cars won't be like we know today if there is no monetary reason from the producers. The industries would be the same as 19th century if there is no monetary reason to improve it. It is not because they are too greedy like the Ferengi (although still greedy), but because of the competition. They improve, and innovate because they want to become better than their competitors.
There is also monopoly's and holding technology back for the sake of greed. The Apple global lawsuits in the smartphone market and various other markets. You've got to admit that "Rounded Edges" on a smartphone is a silly thing to patent. "Swiping" at the edge of a webpage and have it snap back has been done by others. There are countless things wrong with current system, apple is just one of the causes of it.

Competition is all well and good, but most companies out there aim to become monopolies and stifle competition. Look at all the industries who have become 2 company races or 2.x company races and watch how progress has slowed.

Commerical Graphics card is now limited to AMD / Nvidia
Commercial CPU's are limited to Intel / AMD
Sound Card's have Creative / small no names
Hard Drives have Western Digital / Seagate / small names
The entire US ISP infrastructure is limited to regional monopolies of Verizon, Comcast, Time Warner, Cox.
PC OS options: Microsoft (by a large margin), Linux, Apple

Competition is good, but capitalism aims for monopolies.
KamenRiderBlade is offline   Reply With Quote