View Single Post
Old December 16 2012, 05:31 PM   #766
The Warlord
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, but love Star Trek TOS and the music, and got my set last week. I'm going through it slowly. One of the first CDs I turned to was Spock's Brain. It's a favourite score of mine. However, I can't seem to find one particular piece. I always assumed it was from Spock's Brain but I can't find it either in the main score or on the library cues. It is repeated many times during the latter part of season three. The piece I am referring to is first played in the sickbay scene in that episode ("That girl" "Ay"...). A slightly different version is played and then this particular one is heard a few moments later; it's only a short motif. Other examples include Kirk saying "an alien life force" on the bridge just after Spock's scan in Day of the Dove, during Spock's "we are being monitored" dialogue when Flint observes him and Kirk in Requiem for Methuselah, just after Spock crushes the chalice in the chamber in Plato's Stepchildren and McCoy ushes Kirk away, or when Kirk leaves the bridge after shouting at Spock in Turnabout Intruder (the cue just before the scene in which he files his nails).

Can anyone identify and find this?

Thanks

PS The earlier version (not the one in question, but you'll recognise it from that one) can be found on Season 3, Disc 2, Track 17.

Last edited by The Warlord; December 16 2012 at 05:50 PM.
The Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote