Thread: Ancient Aliens
View Single Post
Old December 16 2012, 08:06 AM   #462
Edit_XYZ
Fleet Captain

Re: Ancient Aliens

newtype_alpha wrote: View Post
Edit_XYZ wrote: View Post
Breeding IS evolution (the breeded most adapted to their environment survive, becoming a new race of their species; in a relatively short time, with mutations accumulating, even a new species).
No, breeding is breeding.
That's the quintessential summary of your last post.
Taking my quotes out of context (many times removing the explanation) and then repeating yourself, under the mistaken assumption that, by repeating them, your refuted claims gain value.

Or simply repeating yourself, being under the same mistaken assumption, newtype.

FYI, "Strawman" does not mean "something I assume you believe because I think you're wrong."
Indeed, it doesn't mean that.
Making a straw-man means creating the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and to refute it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.

You engaged in quite a few straw-men - and various other logical fallacies - in your posts, newtype.
To be fair, though, in your last post you did try to spin some of your previous straw-men, making them somewhat more accurate.

Last edited by Edit_XYZ; December 16 2012 at 09:59 AM.
Edit_XYZ is offline   Reply With Quote