View Single Post
Old December 16 2012, 02:59 AM   #55
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: Rush to be Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

gblews wrote: View Post
Santa Kang wrote: View Post
But Warwick is someone my parents listened to back in the Sixties, so I have to draw the line at her being a "Rock and Roller".
Your parents probably also listened to the Stones, Beatles, too. Does that eliminate those bands from being considered "rock and roll", also?
My parents are older than that. My mother went to High School with the Everly Brothers. My Dad was slightly older and missed out on the "birth of Rock and Roll. He was listening to guys like Hank Williams, Sons of the Pioneers and other Grand Old Opry stars as a teen. I was the one who listened to the Beatles and the Stones. ( though I was a preteen in the 60s)

Mostly I was making a joke about how we view our parent's music.

As I and others have said, Rock and Roll was pretty diverse from the start. It more or less meant music popular with teens. So it includes crooner-like ballads, songs about cars, young love and rebellion and even dance music! (its got a good beat and you can dance to it)
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote