View Single Post
Old December 15 2012, 12:13 PM   #12
Deks
Rear Admiral

Re: A country without Money how it's work?

Merry Christmas wrote: View Post
How nice, all that 9/11 truther conspiracy stuff that the Zeitgeist Movement is so well known for has apparently been push to the back burner.
I don't think it was ever at the forefront of what the movement advocates.
The first Zeitgeist movie created by Peter Joseph was to my knowledge an 'experiment' at trying to prompt awareness that something is wrong with society, but at the time couldn't exactly figure out what (which is something he actually stated if I'm not mistaken).
In the second movie 'Addendum' he gave those ideas more direction by focusing on the concept of Resource Based Economy and the Venus Project as envisioned by Jacque Fresco.
These ideas were more thoroughly explored in the third movie 'Zeitgeist: Moving Forward' by focusing on what is often seen a direct cause of our problems (the socio-economic system we have currently in place).

As for conspiracy theories... well, for one thing, we would be rather closed-minded to discredit the notion that such things are not possible... especially seeing how our history has examples of conspiracies that turned out to be accurate.
Plus... Humans seem to apply the notion of 'impossible' too often - this mainly stems from lack of exposure to relevant general education.

I think there's a possibility that Peter Joseph created the first Zeitgeist movie as an attempt to try and expose people to different ideas... to get them to think and examine the same situation in a more critical capacity without simply taking the media and elected officials at their word (which intricately has nothing to do with the scientific method, and is much more based on the premise of 'belief' and 'faith' - something that is completely unnecessary given that we live in a world of 'global communications' that is currently available to a large portion of the human population for cross-referencing and examination of information/data).

When exposed to multiple ideas and information, one has to find a way to see which ones correlate and work, and which don't - but also keep in mind the notion that just because it may or may 'work' doesn't mean its necessarily accurate or wrong - seeing how things are subject to change at any given time as our technology, methodology and knowledge grows/changes.
Its a way to approximate (at best) of what is happening in the real world by arriving at decisions using the scientific method. There is no 'absolute truth', only explanations that might temporarily explain a given chain of events (subject to change at any time).

Last edited by Deks; December 15 2012 at 06:51 PM.
Deks is offline   Reply With Quote