View Single Post
Old December 15 2012, 03:24 AM   #195
JD
Admiral

Re: TNG: Silent Weapons by David Mack Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Paper Moon wrote: View Post
Markonian wrote: View Post
Paper Moon wrote: View Post
I think we're not that close to seeing much of the Hirogen yet, but I'd love to see the Fen Domar.
In the novel The Needs of the Many the Hirogen have already reached the Beta Quadrant proper and later ally with Empress Sela. They've been nomadic for so long that they don't even remember having a homeworld. They could be anywhere in the galaxy by now.
Good point, I had forgotten both about their alliance and their nomadic nature.

That said, of course, TNotM is definitely is an alternative timeline, and I don't particularly see a need for too much creative cross-pollination between the two. (Lol, I just saw your post in the other thread where you use the same phrase! Ha! That was totally unintentional.) I mean, I don't mind it, but it seems to me that we don't need the same story told twice, and I would just as soon get two highly disparate interpretations of the post-Nemesis Trekverse.

And, truth be told, I don't find the prospect of Hirogen stories particularly exciting. But I'm sure I could be convinced otherwise.
I'm kind of baffled by the idea of the Hirogen becoming a bigger antagonistic race. I thought things between them and Voyager ended positively in the episode with the holograms?