View Single Post
Old December 15 2012, 02:49 AM   #118
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Grading & Discussion (Spoilers

I liked it much more than I thought I would. To be honest, I wasn't that pumped. I had just read the book--yes, I know, it's taken me sometime to get around to it. I was mostly going because I wanted to see it in 48 fps. Which I liked. It did take my brain some time to get used to it, somethings felt like they were moving faster or something... but... the sharpness... it was great. And I think as more and more directors use it, the better it will be.

For the most part, I thought things moved along well enough. Though, Radagast... he felt hamfisted into the movie. I didn't mind the character but, suddenly he was THERE and then went away, and then CAME BACK, and DID some stuff... and then... just...disappeared... what happened to him?

The best stuff is with Gollum... in 48 fps he looks AMAZING. The detail on the CGI body...

Oh, and my other final complaint, the "climatic" battle of the first movie.... was a little meh. And felt forced... and it felt like NOT the original ending, you can almost see where they made this one the new ending.

All in all, better than I thought it would be.