View Single Post
Old December 14 2012, 11:05 PM   #105
Lord Prancer The 5th
Rear Admiral

Location: Mach5 doesn't like sand. It's coarse and irritating, and it gets everywhere.
Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Grading & Discussion (Spoilers

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
^ I stopped paying attention to critical scores when Dodgeball came out. One of my local critics gave the film 3 stars, so my friend and his girlfriend talked me into going to see it with them even though I typically don't like that type of movie, although they both do, and all 3 of us were seriously considering getting up and walking out, and universally said that it was one of the stupidest movies we'd ever seen.
Personally, I like reading certain critics, like Ebert and Roeper, even though I often think they're full of shit.

As for Rotten Tomatoes, my opinion of movies is in line with their scores 85% of the time.

There are cases when I think all these critics have gone mad, though. For example, they almost universally praised "Bridesmaids", which I found atrocious, even appalling.

That being said, I honestly can't wait to see The Hobbit. But I'd be lying if I sad I wasn't worried.