View Single Post
Old December 14 2012, 07:38 PM   #1028
Gojira
Commodore

Re: "The Dark Knight Rises" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

07 Geese a Laying wrote: View Post
A lot of people are holding The Dark Knight up as the best movie of the bunch, but I preferred Rises. It adapted some of the biggest and most pivotal Batman stories, it had a great balance between drama and action, and it gave us something we've never seen on film... The end of Batman, or at least Bruce as Batman. I was blown away by The Dark Knight in 2008 and still consider it an excellent film, but for whatever reason, that excitement is gone and the movie comes off as overly talky and political when I look at it now. I also think Ledger's performance is overrated. Not bad by any means, he was great, but I'm convinced that almost anyone can do a good job with the part. It's the nature of the character.

Moving along, I was thinking lately... How old is Bane? He was an adult when Talia was a baby, so that could put him in his mid 40s or mid 50s, or even 60ish. Anyone try to do the math?
I finnally saw Rises yesterday. I am one who loved Ledger's performance of the Joker but over all the Dark Knight was not my favorite of the trilogy. I do like all of the movies but I do think that Rises was better than the Dark Knight.

I think Batman Begins is my favorite of the bunch. It is a tighter well crafted story. Sceond place for me is Rises. I guess I liked the story better than Dark Night and it had more suspense and I really got interested in all of the characters.