View Single Post
Old December 14 2012, 06:10 PM   #102
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Re: Fantastic Four reboot-- Casting, Rumors, Pix, ect;

Christopher wrote: View Post
Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
^Well, if it helps any, I've read enough of your posts to know that you're definitely not racist or prejudiced in any way.
Thank you.
You're welcome.

I didn't find Evans and Alba convincing as siblings either, in the same way that I didn't find Sean Connery, Dustin Hoffman and Matthew Broderick convincing as grandfather, father and (grand)son.
What movie was that?
Family Business. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097328/

I'm not sure I buy Shia LaBeouf as Harrison Ford and Karen Allen's son in the fourth Indiana Jones movie either.
Hmm, while there's much I dislike about that movie, I thought physically Shia wasn't a bad bit of casting. He has a similarly prominent nose to Ford and Allen's colouring.

Although it's not as bad a mismatch as trying to pass off Sean Patrick Flanery as a younger version of Indy himself. River Phoenix was utterly convincing as a younger Ford in Last Crusade, but Flanery looked and sounded nothing like either of them. (I wonder, if Phoenix hadn't died so young, would he have played Young Indy in the show? He would've been the right age by then, I think.)
I agree about Phoenix (who had earlier played Ford's son in The Mosquite Coast) and Flannery. I remember when the idea of a Young Indiana series was mooted, there was talk of Phoenix reprising his role. However, I think he was too big a movie star by that stage to take a regular tv gig, even if it was as Indiana Jones.