View Single Post
Old December 14 2012, 05:29 PM   #1015
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

PKerr wrote: View Post
I know this is a bit off topic but I'm on vacation so I decided to have myself a WD marathon, I'm up to episode 3 and I'm once again baffled at why Merle is still stuck up on the roof hours, day/days after everyone left.

He is handcuffed to a 3/8" threaded rod, he could have kicked it lose from the clamp and L beam it is attached to in about 5 minutes or easily cut through it with the hacksaw in about 10 seconds even if it was stainless steel.
A suspension of disbelief is required for him not to be able to get out. Besides, why the urgency to cut off his hand as T-Dog had chain locked the door.

Second, I would think someone would pass out long and bleed to death before they finished cutting off their own hand.
This is more explainable. Merle was a drug abuser - high on cocaine when they chained him - so it's conceivable that he may with pure adrenaline been able to cut his hand off and made it to that mini Kitchen where he cauterized the wound.

BTW, during the civil war and before modern anesthetics, many people remained completely conscious during leg amputations - so it is medically feasible for him to stay awake.

Last edited by DarthTom; December 14 2012 at 06:12 PM.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote