View Single Post
Old December 14 2012, 05:17 AM   #86
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: Fantastic Four reboot-- Casting, Rumors, Pix, ect;

Christopher wrote: View Post
theenglish wrote: View Post
That might have been the criticism, but the truth is that JA doesn't really look any different than a brown eyed brunette from Ireland. She easily "looked" the part.
Not to me. Her complexion didn't look remotely Irish. If anything, dyeing her hair blond brought out her skin tone even more by contrast.

Santa Kang wrote: View Post
The problem is Hispanic isn't a race. Hispanics can look like Chris Evans. And Alba's background is Mexican, Danish and French Canadian. Why single out the Mexican part?
Because they don't look related. I don't give a damn which ethnicity they are in real life, but they're supposed to be brother and sister, so they should look like brother and sister, and they didn't. Don't read anything more into it than that. I wouldn't care if one of them was Hispanic and the other not if they actually looked like they were siblings. Hell, I would've been perfectly happy if they'd cast both of them as black, or Chinese, or Pakistani, or anything, as long as they looked like they were closely related to one another But they didn't. Not to me.
It's pretty rare that actors cast as siblings look related. Do Al Pacino and James Caan look related? Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher? Mathew Broderick and Jennifer Grey?

Occasionally there are bits of inspired bits of casting, like Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey as brothers in EdTV.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote