View Single Post
Old December 14 2012, 04:46 AM   #14
Christopher
Writer

Re: Earth: Final Conflict (beware spoiler)

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
I'm fairly certian EFC probably had its seasons mapped out to some degree. Maybe not as extensive of certain other shows, and I doubt there was anything long term planned.
The original developer, Richard C. Okie, did have a long-term plan, but of course this was a Tribune show so naturally the original showrunner was fired and his replacements took it in directions he never intended. In fact, they set a record for firing the developer on this show; Okie was let go halfway through the first season, and you can see some changes in approach starting to set in during the back half of season 1, with Zo'or (a character created by Paul Gertz, who took over from Okie as head writer) becoming a recurring player and the original ambiguity of Da'an starting to give way to a more simplified good Da'an/evil Zo'or dynamic.

So yeah, they were pretty much making it up as they went after the first season. If there's one thing not to expect from a Tribune show, it's creative consistency.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote